Zero to 5K graduation event 23rd September
Well I can't believe the time has flown so quickly, but we are nearing the end of our latest 0 to 5k group.
We've been really lucky with the weather and everyone has done really well.
It would be great if you could join us to celebrate this milestone at Rother Valley Parkrun on 23rd September.
We will have a little ceremony at the end and rumour has it, there may be cake!
Save the date - Annual Awards Evening 3rd November
Make a date for your diaries for our annual Awards evening.
This year we are having the event earlier in the month, but it means we avoid the dilemma of working round Christmas parties.
We will share more information soon but there will be hot food, prize giving ceremony and games.
This year the event will be held at Treeton Miners Welfare.
round Rotherham 2023
It's the 40th Round Rotherham this year.
We are hoping to have a team for the relay this year and we need to know who wants to run. The race is on 7th October at we will need 8 people per team. The legs are various distances and we can run in pairs if we have more people wanting to run.
1. Grange 15.6 km (9.7 miles)
2. Treeton 10.1 km (6.2 miles)
3. Harthill 11.9 km (7.3 miles)
4. Woodsetts 9.2 km (5.7 miles)
5. Firbeck 9 km (5.6 miles)
6. Maltby 6.3 km (3.9 miles)
7. Hooton Roberts 9.1 km (5.6 miles)
8. Finish (MWBC) 9.5 km (5.9 miles)
If you would like to be included in a team, please let a member of the Committee know.
why not try circuit training - wednesday 6pm
Circuit training is on Wednesday at 6.00pm, Aston Leisure Centre. We welcome everyone but to ensure that we maintain everyone's safety, please follow these guidelines:
- Please don't attend if you have any Covid-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has.
- Follow any guidelines that the Leisure Centre has specified such as one-way systems and no congregating in groups.
- Practice social distancing before, during and after the class. Try to arrive on time, because we won't be able to wait in large groups in the corridor.
- Where possible, please bring exact change £4 for adults and £3 for under 18 and over 60 years. This will save the need to handle cash.
- Ensure you bring your own mat, we won't be providing any equipment. You might want a drink and towel too.
- Provide up to date contact details in case we need to get in touch.
- We will supply hand sanitiser for use before and after the class.
Thanks for your cooperation in helping us to make the class safe and ensuring we meet Government guidelines.
2023 Membership fees
We agreed the membership fees at our AGM in March. Effective from 1st April 2023, the fees are as follows:
Full membership (includes England Athletics affiliation) £30
Seniors Full membership (includes England Athletics affiliation for over 60 years) £25
Social/Circuits member £13
Senior or Junior Social/Circuits member 16-18 years or over 60 years) £8
Fees for circuit training are paid weekly.
The fees are decided in April by the Committee and so amounts may change afterwards to reflect increase in costs such as English Athletics.
If anyone has any stories, photos or events they would like to share, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone wishing to order kit, we have some existing stock for sale including:
If you like any new kit, please ask Ashley or a Committee member.